Tanqueray and Leeks (5-3, 3/3/09)

>> Thursday, March 5, 2009

1
Michael invited me to lunch on Tuesday, knowing I was having a bad morning -- and he offered me his jacket when I forgot mine. :)

2
Samantha tried to sing Puff the Magic Dragon in the car (which was just plain cute), and then she told me she wants to make me happy.

3
This picture from Elizabeth. I especially like our matching mini-dresses (mine is bordering on obscene...) and how we're hugging each other and looking lovingly into each others' eyes. I'm not sure why I have blonde hair, though -- wishful thinking on her part?



4
My friend/coworker spoke up for me when another coworker bombarded me with a work request right as I walked in the door. "Hey, why don't you give her a chance to take her coat off?" she interjected from her adjacent cubicle. Classy.

5
This other picture from Elizabeth. Apparently she decided to grade her school paper, herself. It took me a while before I noticed that "Great Job" was misspelled (sometimes I'm kind of slow).



6 (bonus!)
At the beginning of painting class, we place our current assignments along the wall to critique them. Last night we critiqued our still life paintings, and one student created a very nice painting of leeks and a bottle of Tanqueray. When the teacher asked the class what's wrong with the painting (how might it be improved), one classmate responded, "Tanqueray doesn't go well with leeks." Hiyo!

----------------


Here's my assignment for the week. (I may finesse the wine bottle a bit more, but otherwise I'm very happy with it.):



----------------


(What is Five-A-Day?)

3 comments:

mimi of 'sexagenarian and the city' March 5, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

you have so many talents! and clearly lizzy has inherited yr artistic talent. i love the 'great job' comment.

okay now don't leave us again!
keep on bloggin.

Dating Trooper March 6, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

Anytime, my friend :-)
Beautiful work too!

Michele March 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

I'm so impressed with your painting. You rock : )

Post a Comment