Legos for China

>> Thursday, July 3, 2008

 
Here’s the conversation I overheard this morning as I selected the girls’ clothes...

Elizabeth: What do they have at Legoland?

I don’t answer because I’m thinking the girls can figure this one out on their own.

Samantha: I know! They have Legos that you can play with.

Elizabeth: Yea! And you can buy Legos there, too.

Samantha: No you can’t. People already have Legos.

Elizabeth: But people can buy them at Legoland, too.

Samantha: No, people already have Legos! Everybody has Legos, so they don’t have to buy them.

Yes, that’s right. When the stork delivers the babies, they come with Huggies, burp cloths, and a box of Legos.

Elizabeth: No! Not everyone has Legos.

Samantha: Yes they DO!

Elizabeth: Strangers don’t. They don’t have Legos so they have to buy them.

Samantha: THERE ARE NO STRANGERS! EVERYBODY HAS LEGOS!

Elizabeth: That’s because you don’t know China.

And that settled it.

See, I told you they could figure it out on their own.

I hope you’ll join me in donating your spare Legos to the CCWLF -- Chinese Children Without Legos Fund. Thank you.
 

7 comments:

Dawn July 3, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

HAHA! That' classic. Very nice. And sadly, I don't have any legos to donate. We don't have any legos of our own.

Mumsydoodle July 3, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

Maybe Samantha temporarily confused Legos with legs! If so, she's right...most everybody has legs! When I was her age I had a fit when my grandmother offered to buy me a "new pair of red leggings" (leggings are an old fashioned name for tights). Of course I didn't want red legs--I wanted to keep my own legs! Cute post!

CRYSTAL AND EMMA July 3, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

This is great. We have Legos to donate. The ones that I haven't tripped over in the darkness while looking for a glass of water at 3 AM. The other ones I played hide adn seek with. I hide them at the top of the pantry and when she's old enough to reach them, she can seek them out. Damn Legos!!

mimi of 'sexagenarian and the city',  July 4, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

i love those conversations kids have betw or among themselves. i once heard my 2 daughters, then ages about 3 and 5, discussing [in bed, with the lights out] whether policemen were 'good' or 'scary.'
the 3-yr-old couldn't remember which they were supposed to be, so she asked her older sister, who was trying to assure her that police were not scary....

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare July 4, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Too funny! I can't decide who's world view I would rather have? One where you get to choose whether or not you would like Legos, or one where Legos are just an expected part of life.

Suzie July 21, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

I actually have a leggo stuck in the bottom of my shoe I would love to donate. But I think Dawn may need them a little more than China.

Dawn July 21, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

Well with Daelyn's current birthday wish list going on, I think I need a lot more than Legos. I need a whole 'nother job.

Post a Comment