Thoughts During Meditation Class

>> Tuesday, March 11, 2008

 
“Did you feel anything?”

The teacher questions the class (all two of us) after we perform 15 minutes of breathing meditation exercises. I’m not exactly sure what I should or could be feeling -- I imagine some sort of “chi-ness.”

I shake my head. “No, nothing really.”

“Huh. Maybe next time,” she says.

This is what I want to say:

“Actually, I found it a little boring. During the exercises I kept thinking, Let this be the last breath, please. PLEASE. Plus, my back was hurting from sitting like that for so long and I couldn’t stop thinking how funny we must look, sitting in this dark room with our eyes closed and our fingers up our noses.”

Instead, I just nod and say, “Yea, maybe next time.”
 

1 comments:

Michele March 13, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

LOL. I've never understood the point of meditation class. Isn't the whole point of meditation to quiet your mind and focus on nothing to see what comes? How can one do that if someone else is talking and annoying us? I used to be really good at mediation but I've gotten lazy about it. Now it just seems to hard.

Post a Comment